Is it seasick or not on a rented yacht?
"Seasickness" - there is nothing wrong with that, it is a normal reaction to the pitching of a healthy body. You just need to figure out the reasons and eliminate them!
Common by type of vessel - on a sailing yacht, it sways more on a motor yacht, less, especially at high speed.
What makes it worse:
- Being inside the boat. The strongest factor of motion sickness is an enclosed space.
- Reading, using a computer, smartphone.
- At night from any lights in the cockpit.
- Lack of fresh air.
- Pungent odors (food, cigarettes, etc.).
- Alcohol intoxication.
- From hunger. Many so believe that they will vomit that they decide not to eat anything before going to sea just in case. - - It’s still worth a little snack, but don’t overeat with light food.
- During pregnancy. You can't change anything here, you just have to keep it in mind.
What makes it better:
- Eliminate or reduce pitching:
- Go ashore (the most effective method, it helps instantly).
- Raise the sails. This will reduce the effect of roll on the sailboat.
- Eliminate the conflict of vision and vestibular apparatus:
- Look into the distance at the horizon, at the clouds, the stars, the shore, and other ships.
- Close your eyes, if you choose between closing your eyes or looking at the horizon, strangely enough, it is better to look at the horizon.
- Get behind the wheel. The opportunity to hold the steering of the yacht is provided to all our clients.
- It will get better if you take a dip in the water, and even a little swim is better.